Monday, December 12, 2011

Project Pinterest #1 - Pumpkin Dump Cake

As I said before, I wanted to make it a goal to try - if not all - most of the recipes I found on Pinterest. The recipes on there look so yummy and they make it look so easy.

I started my mission before Thanksgiving with one recipe.
Pumpkin Dump Cake
I love me some dump cake and pumpkin .. well bring it on!


Recipe @ cookiesandcups.com
PIC SNAGGED FROM PINTEREST


When I first tried this recipe, I did not have the pumpkin spice. I figured, and I kid you not, "It's only 3tsp, can't make that much of a difference." Well it did. I was disappointed because this was just bland and not all that great. That spice was definitely needed, because this cake was definitely missing that something and that spice was it!

Well come Thanksgiving, my mom, sister & I went to a family friend's place for dinner. She would rave on Facebook about how her dessert list would consist of everything Pinterest. I was so excited and I couldn't wait to see what she had. Oh no there it was! Pumpkin dump cake!! I had to try it to see just how different it was from mine (you know .. see how essential the spice was! lol) This was awesomeness in a little square. I loved it and was upset when it ran out.

So between then and now, I made sure to search high and low for the pumpkin spice. It apparently was in high demand this holiday season because I could not find it for nothing. The other day I finally made it THE WAY it was supposed to and oh my goodness! Delish!! And with Blue Bell's Homemade Vanilla ice cream and/or whipped cream *drool*

This is great for any day of the week. Not just for the holiday season. And learn from me .. don't skimp on the ingredients!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik